Friday, May 22, 2009
I have a confession to make, I was walking through the park with my youngest and saw some 5 year old boys playing Baseball. A tear came to my eye with the thought that I may never get that(with a boy). I love my 3 girls more then anything but I am worried I will end up with 4 girls and live a drama filled life (not that there is anything wrong with that.) I know everyone has there own perspective about how many kids you should have. When Emily asked me about how many Children I wanted I told her that I thought it should be up to the Women because they are the ones doing all the work. (Well most of it.) Emily told me she would like to have between 4-6 and if things feel really good then 8. She has refused to have an odd # so 3,5,7 won’t happen because she said one will be left out when we go to Disneyland. Hence, in her mind we are committed to at least 4 now. I really don’t think we/she wants 6 so I have one more legitimate shot.
I know just having Children is a huge blessing and I love all my Children no matter what their gender. I just want that bond between Males like my Dad and I have. No emotional things to deal with, just a phone call of the most current sporting event, golf outing whatever. Ellie is already hassling me about how much I watch sports on TV and she’s only 5. I am getting double teamed on that front, its hard enough negotiating that time with Emily now I have Ellie, with Mylee and Tessa getting older. Ahhhhhhhhh!
My point? I know God has a plan and is teaching me a lesson, and that is I have to figure out Women better for my eternal well being that I have yet to figure out. Gods plan is blessing me with Women. until I can pass the Women test. I at least get one more shot because we are at an odd number with 3. So in my estimation I have about a year to figure out this puzzle. I have three things that I am unwilling to give up in this process. I know its sounds like an ultimatum but it's not. Ok what am I kidding it is but I believe God and my girls will humor me.
1. Watching sports on TV. It is what I love and it’s my vice. Be happy that its not, alcohol, drugs, gambling or other bad things which I won’t mention here.
2. Playing Sports. This includes Golf, softball, basketball Ping pong or whatever gets my competitive juices flowing which will include Video Games sports. Go ahead and laugh I don’t care.
3. Women Activities. I don’t go to pedicures, gynecologists, or purchase girls underwear. I will on occasion pick up women products if need be but only on emergencies. Do not take advantage of this or I will take advantage of any of the two above.
Things I will do?
1. I will listen to the Drama. I will listen to my girls when they have a problem and I will do my best NOT to be the man in shining armor and try to fix everything (that’s the only way I thought I can stop the drama) I learned this the hard way. I will bite my tongue and just listen. This will become much harder as my girls get older, so I believe I earned my right to the three above for this one thing alone
2. I will figure out your Love Language. My wife is famous for this. Yes men there are 5 love languages and your job is to figure out which one is theirs. The five that my wife tells me are: Acts of service, Physical Touch, Words of affirmation. Ok so I can only remember three. I will add
1a) Learn all five love languages. I should know these better maybe that is a reason God continues to bless me with girls.
3. Be a Strong Priesthood Holder. Last but not least. I will commit to running FHE every Monday night. Read my scriptures and Pray as a family. Fulfill all my callings and run my household the way I have been taught to run it.
There you go. This is a proclamation to everyone including God. I know this test on earth is suppose to be hard but PLEASE allow me to have one boy to ease the difficulty a bit. Anyone with advice is welcome to comment. Again, I am very happy with my Girls and wouldn’t trade them for a Boy or anything else! My Girls make me happy and I will continue to be happy even if my 4th is a Girl. It will obviously just mean I have more to figure out.